Each classroom needs 2-3 Classroom Reps to ensure great communication and that the needs of teachers, students and parents are met. It’s an important job and we’d love your help!
The duties depend somewhat on the teacher’s needs, but in general include:
- collecting money from parents and managing the classroom budget
- helping the teacher with preparing the class roster
- communicating with the class on behalf of the teacher
- staying up-to-date on what’s happening at the school and communicating that out to the class
- making sure the classroom has the supplies it needs
- helping to build a more tight-knit classroom community by planning activities throughout the year (e.g.; potlucks, parents night out)
- encouraging parents to volunteer for school events
If you have signed up to be a room rep — THANK YOU!