- This event has passed.
Join the Yearbook!
August 26, 2019
Join the Yearbook!
Calling all photographers, graphic designers, artists, editors, proofreaders, sales and distribution folks, and class collage page representatives! We need YOU!
Roosevelt Elementary’s yearbook is the most anticipated swag of the year. These books are 200 pages of FUN — chock full of portraits, classroom activities, school events, field trips, music, art, sports, clubs, and other special moments. But it takes a village to put this incredible keepsake together.
- Photographers: Take photos of school events, classroom activities, field trips, art, music, sports and clubs, and upload selected images into our online software.
- Graphic Designers: Help create the look and feel of the book, from using templates to creating special layouts and adding artistic elements. Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Section Editors: Help curate and collect yearbook content, create and manage section pages, and write and edit copy using our online yearbook software.
- Proofreaders: Edit text for grammatical and factual errors, check for duplicate photos, ensure the accuracy of class rosters, etc. This role begins in the middle of the school year.
- Classroom Collage Page Leads: We need one parent from each classroom to take or collect classroom photos, upload them into the yearbook and lay them out in our templates.
- Sales & Distribution: Sell yearbooks! Send email communications, put up posters, distribute forms in weekly folders, pre-sell yearbooks at events and Popcorn Fridays, and sell the remaining books on campus.
- Fifth Grade Tributes: This one’s for you, fifth grade parents! We need one parent dedicated to each of the following activities: collecting and cataloging baby photos, working with teachers to have students provide quotes, communicating with all fifth grade parents about purchasing a tribute ad for their child, tracking these sales, and designing or placing these ads in the book.