What Is The PTA?
The PTA gives parents a network to share experiences, ideas and concerns within the school community. There is no better way to promote the welfare of all children at Roosevelt than by joining the PTA. Membership is just $10 per person and entitles you to vote on our budget and at all PTA meetings. There are also exclusive members discounts and benefits for joining.
The PTA is committed to supporting and speaking on behalf of all the children at the Roosevelt. We try to encourage parent involvement and strengthen the connection between families and the school. Joining the PTA is a wonderful way to serve and promote the welfare of all children at Roosevelt.
At Roosevelt, we are fortunate to have an engaged, active and generous parent community. Ongoing parent involvement helps to foster a strong supportive learning environment for our children. We are always in need of fresh ideas, new voices, extra hands. If you are interested in finding out more about the PTA, come to the next PTA Meeting! See a full list of positions here
Why Get Involved
Getting involved builds skills in leadership, communication and advocacy. Active members are a valuable community resource for starting and maintaining projects to benefit children.
- Academic studies prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improved and attendance increases!
- Get connected and have your voice heard. Share your ideas, concerns and experiences with others in the school community.
- Be better informed. PTA parents understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution for improving education, both locally and legislatively.
Donate to the PTA
You can also show your support for all the projects and events made possible by the PTA by making a donation today. The suggested donation per child is $450. All contributions are appreciated and valued, whether significantly lower or higher than the suggested donation. Please give what you can, even if it falls short of what you wish you could do.
Our goal for Roosevelt is 100% participation in giving to both the Roosevelt PTA Direct Investment Fund and Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation. Every gift counts, no matter the size.
What’s the Value of PTA Membership?
With more than one million members, California State PTA is the largest volunteer organization in the state dedicated to improving the wellbeing of all children and youth.
Joining PTA supports local, state and national efforts to improve the education of children and the lives of families. Membership provides the opportunity for individuals to raise their voices with others throughout the state and nation to protect children’s rights. Membership ensures that PTA’s voice is heard on issues affecting young people as well as providing opportunities for parent education, communication and leadership development.
Getting involved in PTA builds skills in leadership, communication and advocacy. Active members are a valuable community resource for starting and maintaining projects to benefit children.
Academic studies prove that kids do better when parents are involved:
- Grades are higher
- Test scores improve
- Attendance increases
Connects you to a network
- Share ideas, concerns and experiences with others in the school community
- PTA events provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers
Means more informed parents
- PTA parents understand the challenges schools face – and become part of the solution
- PTA parents support improving education, both locally and legislatively
- Parent awareness = improved student achievement = school develops a positive reputation in the community
Boosts children’s well-being
- PTA focuses on what students need to be successful in learning
- PTA works with school administrators to ensure that children are prepared to succeed