Join Yearbook Staff
We Need Your HELP!
The Yearbook is currently looking recruit reliable and enthusiastic team player type volunteers to work in many of the yearbook positions. There are jobs big and small for all types of people from creatives to perfectionist proof readers. Plus each classroom needs a Yearbook Rep to take the lead on your classroom collage page!
Please email RooseveltSMYB@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about it.
The yearbook staff welcomes help of any kind, especially in the areas below. If interested, use the Contact Form to send us a message.
- Photographers: Come to school events throughout the year and take photos.
- Editors: Work from home using the online yearbook design software.
- Proofreaders: Double check classes, duplicate photos and text. Need your help starting in the middle of the year.
- Collage Page Leads: Need one parent from each classroom to collect, upload and layout photos into pre-made template. Please CLICK HERE for to add your name to the sign-up list for your class.
- Graphic Designers: Help create the look and feel of the book, from working with templates to creating special layouts for certain pages and adding artistic elements. A working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Selling & Distribution: Put up posters, distribute forms in midweek folders, pre-sell books at events and during Popcorn Friday near the end of the school year.
- Video Filming & Editing: Exploring the possibility of incorporating video into the book using QR codes to link the pages to the video. Some video and technical expertise required.
- Fifth Grade Tributes: Calling Fifth Grade Parents. We need a parent dedicated to each of the following activities: Collecting and cataloging baby photos, Working with teachers to have students provide quotes and Communicating with all 5th grade parents about the opportunity to put a paid ad or “tribute” for their child, tracking these sales and placing these sections into the book (fifth graders only – 1 Ad per student). **More 5th Grade Information Will be Posted in the New School Year**