Hey, Parents! Please Submit a Photo of Your Child for the Yearbook!
One of the joys and challenges of being on the yearbook staff is documenting all the magical moments from your child’s time at Roosevelt Elementary. As you can imagine, our challenge is a bit different this year. How do we capture these moments from home? You’ve already done us a solid by sending us photos of your children’s workspaces and class play dates. Now, we’re asking you to channel your inner Avedon and submit a portrait of your child for the yearbook. It’s up to us to give our children a keepsake to remember this bizarre time in their lives, so we’re ALL on the yearbook staff now.
As you know, our traditional Cornerstone school portraits have been delayed once again because of increased Covid-19 rates in our county. While we hope to schedule these portraits in the spring, they will not be done in time to make our yearbook deadline. Nevertheless, Roosevelt’s yearbook team is committed to creating something spectacular for our children, who are deeply missing their friends, teachers and school community, to acknowledge their unique experiences this year.
Please complete this Yearbook Portrait Submission Form by Feb. 19 to ensure that your child’s portrait appears in Roosevelt’s 2020-21 yearbook!
- Submit one form per student.
- Only JPEG or PNG files will be accepted.
- Photo files must be named with the child’s last name, then first name (ie, Smith_Jane). If they are not labeled correctly, we will not know who the photo belongs to.
Tips for taking your child’s portrait:
- Shoot outside in a shaded spot, with no direct sunlight hitting the subject.
- Position your child a few feet in front of whatever trees, bushes, etc. are in the background.
- Aim to get a vertical photo from mid-chest up that includes shoulders on both sides and some extra headroom. You should not see below the waist.
- The lighting should be even. Pay attention to heavy shadows on the eyes or face. If you see heavy shadows, you are not shooting in a good place.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all you do for our students and school community. We appreciate you!