Yearbooks will be on sale soon – check back here for more information.
**5th Graders Only ~ Baby Photos & Tributes Due
Each year, the yearbook celebrates our outgoing fifth grade class with a number of special features reserved only for fifth grade students. Among other things, these include a section featuring all fifth graders’ baby photos and another featuring personalized tributes to your children. Please help us celebrate our graduating fifth graders by submitting your child’s baby photo and creating a personalized tribute! The deadlines for these are fast approaching, so please review the details below.
5TH GRADE BABY PHOTOS ~ Due DEC 20th
It’s amazing to see how much our little ones have grown! That’s why the fifth grade baby photo retrospective is such a hit each year. Our kids love finding themselves and their friends on these pages, so we don’t want anyone left out. Please email ONE baby photo of your child to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Dec. 20, 2019. Instructions below:
Only digital files will be accepted. (If you only have a hard copy, then either scan the image or take a photo of the image with a digital camera.)
It is critical that each image is labeled with your child’s name in the file name. Please name your photo like this before submitting: lastname_firstname_teacherlastname. For example, a photo of Mary Smith, a student in Ms. Clark’s class, would be named: Smith_Mary_Clark
Images must be at least 375KB and no more than 3MB. Minimum Size: 1.1 inches wide x 1.4 inches tall, portrait oriented at 300 DPI.
5TH GRADE TRIBUTES ~ On Sale Now!
Celebrate your child’s last year at Roosevelt with a personalized quarter-page tribute in the yearbook! These tributes are reserved only for fifth graders. One tribute per child, no exceptions. Reserve early for big savings!
Early Bird Tribute Pricing: $30 if purchased by Nov. 22, 2019
Regular Tribute Pricing: $40 if purchased between Nov. 23 and Dec. 20, 2019
Late Tribute Pricing: $60 if purchased between Dec. 21, 2019 and Jan. 31, 2020
Tribute Purchase Instructions
Go to commpe.pictavo.com
If you already have an account, click “Log In.” If you do not have an account, click “Create an Account,” then find our school (our school ID is: 87616) and enter your information.
Once you are logged in, click “Shop My School.”
Under the Fifth Grade Tribute Ad click “Add to Cart.” Enter your student’s information and click “Check Out.”
Once you purchase your tribute, you can create it with Pictavo’s easy-to-use online design tools!
Please see these Design Tips and Instructions HERE! (If you need assistance, there is a phone number on this sheet for technical support. The folks at Pictavo are very helpful and responsive.)
Join the Yearbook Crew!
Calling all photographers, graphic designers, artists, editors, proofreaders, sales and distribution folks, class collage page representatives, and anyone else who wants to contribute! We need YOU!
Roosevelt Elementary’s yearbook is the most anticipated swag of the year. These books are 200 pages of FUN — chock full of portraits, classroom activities, school events, field trips, music, art, sports, clubs, and other special moments. But it takes a village to put this incredible keepsake together.
- Photographers: Take photos of school events, classroom activities, field trips, art, music, sports and clubs, and upload selected images into our online software. Sign up here.
- Graphic Designers: Help create the look and feel of the book, from using templates to creating special layouts and adding artistic elements. Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Section Editors: Help curate and collect yearbook content, create and manage section pages, and write and edit copy using our online yearbook software.
- Proofreaders: Edit text for grammatical and factual errors, check for duplicate photos, ensure the accuracy of class rosters, etc. This role begins in the middle of the school year.
- Classroom Collage Page Leads: We need one parent from each classroom to take or collect classroom photos, upload them into the yearbook and lay them out in our templates.
- Marketing & Community Outreach: Get the word out about our yearbook and help recruit yearbook crew to build and sustain a team legacy. This includes setting up and manning yearbook tables at school events and other outreach opportunities.
- Sales & Distribution: Send email communications, put up posters, distribute forms in weekly folders, pre-sell yearbooks at events and Popcorn Fridays, and sell the remaining books on campus.
- Fifth Grade Tributes: This one’s for you, fifth grade parents! We need one parent dedicated to each of the following activities: collecting and cataloging baby photos, working with teachers to have students provide quotes, communicating with all fifth grade parents about purchasing a tribute ad for their child, tracking these sales, and designing or placing these ads in the book.